Hosted by the Missouri State UniversityJoint Meeting of the Missouri and Missouri Valley Branches of the American Society for Microbiology March 17-18, 2017
The Missouri branch and the Missouri Valley branch of the American Society for Microbiology invite scientists and students to their annual meeting to be held jointly on the campus of the Missouri State University in Springfield, MO on March 17-18, 2017. The meeting will feature lectures by two ASM Distinguished Lecturers and several prominent local microbiology researchers and presentations by students from the region. The meeting is a great venue for undergraduate and graduate student researchers to gain experience presenting their research. Students can give a short oral or a poster presentation at this meeting and awards will be given to the top presenters in different categories. This meeting also is an excellent opportunity for microbiologists from Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma to become acquainted. We look forward to seeing you at the meeting, and we encourage students to submit abstracts of their research.
Schedule Overview Full schedule coming soon
- Friday, March 17 | 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Saturday, March 18 | 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Invited ASM Distinguished Speakers and their Topics
- Dr. D. Jay Grimes, The University of Southern Mississippi (Marine Bacteria)
- Dr. Steven C. Ricke, The University of Arkansas (Prevention of Salmonellosis)
Plaster Student Union, Missouri State University, Springfield, MO See this location on Google Maps.
- University Plaza Hotel is located just north of campus and is a 15 minute walk from the meeting venue
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites is located further north of campus near Hammons Field
- Walnut Street Inn is a nice bread and breakfast located just north of campus.
- Preferred: Mail Registration form and check for any registration fee (made out to "Missouri Branch ASM") by March 10, 2017 to Paul Schweiger at Missouri State University (address on registration form).
- Register at meeting and paid by cash or check made out to "Missouri Branch ASM”. Note: Late fee will be applied.
- For Credit Card payment: Payee should email registration forms to Donald Rowen (email@example.com, 402-554-2143) by March 10th and a request to pay invoice will be sent back.
Abstract Submission for Student Presentations
Abstract Submission for Student Presentations: Due by February March 6, 2017. Abstracts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Formatting instructions are inside the brochure. Questions: email email@example.com, or call Paul Schweiger (417-886-5062) or Chris Lupfer (417-836-6887).